I realized that it's been a while since I've done a "Tip of the Week"....talk about a slacker. Thankfully, I've got one this week. I hope it helps.
One of the most important things you can do during your job search or career really....is have plan. Now, I'm not talking about having your life scripted out so you much that you feel like the Truman Show but you've got direction. During an active job search this especially important so you can not only keep making progress but keep motivation.
Wonder what a "plan" would look like? Here's an idea:
- Submit 3 resumes a week online
- Contact 1 (or 2) former colleagues or classmates a week for networking
- Contact 1 person OUTSIDE of your network a week for networking
- Attend 1 networking event a week (month?) to meet additional people
- Meet with 1 recruiter a month to develop a network of people looking at roles for you
- Find a mentor who can help advise you on your search
Now, this is pretty aggressive but if you think about it....this is what, eight hours of work? If you're looking for a job or between jobs eight hours is nothing. Get it done.
Good luck out there!