Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pushing Forward Back - Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

Well, here we are at the end of the year and I wanted to get one last blog done before welcoming in 2012.  You may be wondering, what does “Pushing Forward Back” mean?  Well, it’s a great tune by Temple of the Dog and you know me....I love me some grunge music.  You can check the video here if you haven’t seen it.  Anyway, the idea of this post is a chance for me to push back on 2011 and look forward to 2012

Pushing Back

- Huge thank you to all the folks who took time to read my blogs this year.  Between this blog and cross posts on Recruiterblogs.com and the Google Student Series over 20K people took time to listen to me ramble...it’s humbling, thank you.  Extra special thanks to those of you who commented on my posts and reached out for additional advice/thoughts

- Major thanks to all the folks on Twitter and G+ who shared their thoughts/insights with me. Its shocking to me how much a tool like Twitter can teach you about recruiting

- Personally and professional 2011 was a great year.  TONS of great stuff with fantastic family, friends and colleagues....2012 you’ve got big shoes to fill

- Congrats to my Boston Bruins for winning the Cup this year.  So happy to had a chance to see my Boston teams win a title (or two...or three) during the last 10 years....awesome.

Pushing Forward

- 2012 will be presenting a great deal of professional challenges for me...and I’m ready.  Can’t wait actually.

- Social Media is going to take a huge leap this year...trust me, great stuff coming....especially on G+.  Trust me, this will be so cool.

- In a strange sense of irony, I’ll be teaching a course this Spring at Northeastern University on Social Media.  Specifically related to strategy, assessment and governance.  I hope I’m up for the challenge.

- Finally, I hope to keep this blog growing.  I wanted to really expand the amount of content here and went from 17 posts in 2012 to 32 in 2011 so that’s good progress.  REALLY want to break 50 next year.....not sure I’ve got that much to say but I’ll try.  I almost hit 50 if you count the Google Student blogs....but I don’t.  So here’s to 50 in 2012.

Happy New Year everyone, here's hoping 2012 brings a good fortune and exciting opportunities to everyone!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment